What happens when your worst nightmare comes true? What do you do when your life will never be the same?
I don’t have those answers … yet. I’m knee deep in it. I know there is an end. Not an end that I can process yet, but an end with a changed life.
In the meantime, it’s A day AT a Time. Days filled with QUALITY time, saying everything and anything BIG and small, feeling gratitude for the life we’ve had together and struggling to understand how to process the rest. Does God really only give us what we can handle, or are we strong enough to deal with whatever we HAVE to.
I write this post as I am COOKING for the first time in about 18 days!? (I literally haven’t boiled water, made coffee, made toast … nothing 😦 THANKS to an incredible support system. The many Thank you’s will never be enough to convey what these people mean to us.
Today I cooked. It felt therapeutic, and brought about this blog post to explain my absence and share my gratitude.
Pasta bake with spinach, tomatoes & sausage
First found this recipe on bevcooks.com, we’ve made it a few times and made some additions … it’s a great “comfort food” and full of nourishment.
- Cook some sort of pasta. I used GF Corn Rotelli.
- In a large skillet, heat evoo, add minced garlic, 1 yellow onion diced, sautee.
- Add a pinch of crushed red pepper flakes and 1/2 tbs of paprika.
- Add thinly sliced sausage of your choice ( we used garlic), sautee for awhile to cook sausage through
- Add 1 28 ounce can of diced tomatoes, and pepper.
- Add 2 -4 cups of baby spinach. Combine and cook down for a few minutes.
- Add cooked pasta.
- Pour pasta mixture into 8×11 dish and cover with shredded mozzarella cheese & GF breadcrumbs.
- Cook at 400 for 20 minutes.
I hope 2012 is finding you healthy, happy and spending time with the people who are most important to you. ♥